Skip to main content
4.2: Homework 4
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Give 3 examples of different types of automatic switches typically used in 2-wire control circuits.
- Name 2 things that the “Hand” position allows us to do in an HOA control circuit.
- Design, draw and describe (with words) your own HOA circuit. Make sure to label your schematic and that your description indicates how it operates.
- Is there, or why should there be, a testing/commissioning period of all new motor control circuit installs? You should give at least 2 reasons.
- What is a pushbutton station?
- What is a benefit of having multiple pushbutton stations? What is a disadvantage of having multiple pushbutton stations?
- If I wanted to add an additional stop function to a motor control station, should I wire the new stop in series or parallel with the other stop pushbuttons?
- If I wanted to add an additional start function to a motor control station, should I wire the new start in series or parallel with the other start pushbuttons?
- Design, draw and label a motor control circuit that uses 4 pushbutton stations and 4 E-Stops.
- Explain why it’s best to think of all of the additional push button stations needed before the installation takes place.