- When you have completed the Learning Tasks in this Competency you should be able to:
- describe the components of a circuit
- identify common electrical components
- describe solid state devices
- identify wiring connectors
- describe the composition of simple wiring diagrams
Many types of electric devices are used in almost every trade. Mechanical trades will find electrical devices in every motor-driven vehicle. Construction trades will encounter them in most construction projects. To be able to recognize or troubleshoot electrical devices, you must be familiar with the correct terminology and symbols used to identify them.