Book: WAC Partnerships Between Secondary and Postsecondary Institutions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Working with educators at all academic levels involved in WAC partnerships, the authors and editors of this collection demonstrate successful models of collaboration between schools and institutions so others can emulate and promote this type of collaboration. The chapters in this collection describe and reflect on collaborative partnerships among middle schools, high schools, colleges, and universities that are designed to prepare students for the kinds of work and civic engagement required to succeed in and contribute to society. The WAC partnerships celebrated in this collection include frameworks to build connectivity between institutions while addressing Common Core State Standards, academic and non-academic collaborations around science education, WAC partnerships in Argentina and Germany, and both long- and short-term collaborations.
- Serenade in a Kansas Wind
- 10: What We Have Learned about WAC Partnerships and Their Futures
- 1: Introduction to WAC and Partnerships That Cross Academic Levels and Disciplines
- 2: Talking about Writing Across the Secondary and College Community
- 3: Newton’s Third Law Revisited - Action Reaction Pairs in Collaboration
- 4: Shaping Disciplinary Discourses in High School - A Two-Way Collaborative Writing Program
- 5: Collaborating on Writing-to-Learn in Ninth-Grade Science: What Is Collaboration—and How Can We Sustain It?
- 6: In Our Own Backyard: What Makes a Community College-Secondary School Connection Work?
- 7: Negotiating Expectations: Overcoming Obstacles Introducing WAC through Collaboration between a German University Writing Center and German High Schools
- 8: “So Much More Than Just an ‘A’”: A Transformative High School and University Writing Center Partnership
- 9: “Oh, I Get By with a Little Help from My Friends”: Short-Term Writing Center/Community Collaborations