This chapter was written by Paul Spooner & Christy Douglass. Chapter thumbnail photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash. Graphics by Alanna Clunen.
At the end of this section, students will be able to:
- Explain the different roles within a foodservice operation and how those employees interact and support each other
- Summarize key management functions and the importance of communication within a foodservice operation
- Describe career opportunities within the foodservice segment of the hospitality industry
- Suggest tactics restaurants and other foodservice operations can utilize to be sustainable and positively impact the planet
- Reflect on strategies restaurants and other foodservice operations can implement to positively impact diversity and inclusion within the industry