I started my career in 1998 as a temporary employee in the office of a startup that became LEGOLAND California in Carlsbad (San Diego). I was then hired on regular full-time after a few months and was promoted through various administrative areas (filing, benefits administration, interviewing & recruiting, onboarding) along the way. Then moved into a business partner role where I began focusing on culture, compensation, employee relations and, subsequently, labor relations when I arrived in San Francisco. I feel my path was beneficial because I spent time in each HR function, specializing, before moving on to another. This allowed me to learn, identify what I enjoyed, and become the generalist that I am today. I never felt that any task or request was beneath me - there is value in everything we do. Being part of a team, earning the team's respect, is one of the ways of becoming an effective leader. I have always felt that it would be difficult for me to explain the importance of our work to someone if I was unwilling to perform any of it.
- Director, Human Resources, IHG - InterContinental San Francisco Hotel
- Director, People & Culture, Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, San Francisco, California 2014-2020
- Director, Human Resources, IHG - InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel, San Francisco, California 2008-2014
- Director, Human Resources, BRE Properties (Now part of Essex Trust), San Francisco, California 2005-2008
- Manager, Human Resources, The Irvine Company Apartment Communities, Irvine, California 2003-2005
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration, Management, San Francisco State University
Progressing through my career at one location afforded me the ability to build long-term working relationships and gain the trust of my coworkers. I’m also able to invest more time in developing and adjusting processes that help the hotel’s operations and metrics, some of which are now used company-wide. Because I’m familiar with our standard operating procedures (SOPs) my company has also sent me to help our nearby sister properties so I can get a taste of how other hotels operate without leaving my own hotel.
- Human Resources Manager, Highgate Hotels - Park Central Hotel San Francisco (formerly the Westin San Francisco Market Street), San Francisco, California
- Human Resources Generalist, Highgate Hotels - the Westin San Francisco Market Street, San Francisco, California 2012-2013
- Human Resources Coordinator, Highgate Hotels - the Westin San Francisco Market Street, San Francisco, California 2010-2012
- Human Resources Assistant, Highgate Hotels - the Westin San Francisco Market Street, San Francisco, California 2009-2010
- Bachelor in Science Business Management and Hospitality Management, San Francisco State University