This chapter was written by Adam Hart & Christy Douglass. Chapter thumbnail photo by Michael Browning on Unsplash. Graphics by Alanna Clunen.
At the end of this section, students will be able to:
- Explain the evolution of the culinary field and current elements that tie back to its history
- Summarize the roles and responsibilities of the various back-of-house employees
- Describe career opportunities within the culinary segment of the hospitality industry
- Suggest tactics food production operations can utilize to be sustainable and positively impact the planet
- Reflect on strategies food production operations can implement to positively impact diversity and inclusion within the industry