Skip to main content
8.2: Homework 8
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- How can you change the direction of rotation on a three-phase AC motor?
- The rotating part of a three-phase AC motor is called a __________.
- The stationary part of a three-phase AC motor is called a ___________.
- Which three-phase AC motor has a higher RPM, one with 2 poles, or one with 4 poles?
- When the supplied frequency for a three-phase AC motor increases, does the motor RPM’s increase or decrease?
- Name one mechanical method to step-up or step-down a motor’s output speed (note: changing the number of poles, while technically correct, is not a method typically used in an industrial environments to change the speed of rotating equipment).
- In a motor drive, what does the rectifier portion of the drive do?
- Name three characteristics of an inverter rated motor.
- Name three of the broad categories that motor drives need to have programmed by the user.
- What is the purpose of the communication port on a motor drive?