No matter what your job is, you will need to communicate with other people. Your communication skills determine how successfully you receive and transmit information. Communication is arguably the most important of all life skills and plays a significant role in all aspects of work and home life. Communication is verbal, written, and non-verbal, and every gesture, voice inflection, or facial movement speaks volumes and conveys information to others. An effective communicator is also an active listener. Employers actively seek out Individuals who are good communicators.
When you have completed the Learning Tasks in this Competency, you will be able to:
- describe the principles of communication
- describe effective listening techniques
- describe the procedures for giving and receiving feedback
- describe assertive communication
- describe conflict resolution techniques
- describe effective problem solving and decision making
You will be required to reference publications and videos available online.