Before beginning to use Microsoft Word, your first step should be to take some time to plan your document. Better document planning will save you time and ensure your document is written to the correct audience with the right message and visual appearance. Some aspects to consider before writing a document include:
- Purpose of the message- why are you sending the message?
- Who is your audience? What type of writing or visual style will appeal to them?
- What type of communication will you send? Will it be a newsletter, professional letter?
- Will you need outside information like graphics or charts?
- Is there any research you need to conduct before beginning to write?
Now that you have a plan, let's write a document.