The purpose of this assignment is to create, upload, and validate a basic Web page.
Movies and Hobbies Assignment
NOTE: The following Web page should be created using Notepad. MAC users use TextEdit but set preferences as follows:
- Open TextEdit.
- Choose Preferences from the TextEdit application menu.
- Click the Plain Text radio button for New Document Format.
- Under Saving, click the checkbox to turn off “Append ‘.txt’ extension to plain text files.”
- Under Rich text processing, click the checkbox to turn on “Ignore rich text commands in HTML files.”
- Be sure the checkbox for “Wrap to Page” is deselected.
DO NOT use Word or any other Web authoring tool to complete this assignment. When you edit your file in Notepad or TextEdit, open a new instance of Notepad or TextEdit to do so. Do not make the changes from the View/Source window in your browser. That does not work.
- Create a Web page that makes a list of your favorite movies and a list of your favorite actors. Make one list ordered and one list unordered. Title your Web page – John Doe’s Movies Page but use your own name (this information goes in the title tag). Also include a paragraph describing one of your favorite movies and another paragraph describing one of your favorite actors. Begin each paragraph and list with a heading. Use at least two different heading levels (h1-h6).
- Validate your Web page using the World Wide Web Consortium validation site. Apply HTML5 validation.