In this unit, we discuss how to create and format two standard business documents, block-style business letters and memos. Word processing tools allow us to incorporate a variety of font styles to emphasize text. These techniques include creating text that is in bold type, in italics, and underlined. We can also use borders to create a visual break between sections of a document. Finally, we explore how you can add headers and footers to present a polished, professional, and organized business document.
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- outline the elements of a business letter and memo;
- format document margins and adjust spacing between headings and body text;
- add headers, footers, page numbers, and borders to a document;
- create a basic block-style business letter; and
- create a basic block-style business memo.