There are many different ways to teach, varying circumstances to take into account, and philosophies to apply to each classroom. And what better way to have a positive impact on the world than to offer knowledge for consumption? The term ‘teacher’ can be applied to anyone who imparts knowledge of any topic, but it is generally more focused on those who are hired to do so (teach, n.d., n.p.). In imparting knowledge to our students, it is inevitable that we must consider our own personal philosophies, or pedagogies, and determine not only how we decide what our philosophies are, but also how those impact our consumers.
- Make a list of the five most important characteristics of an excellent teacher.
- Do you possess these characteristics?
- If not, what steps can you take to add the characteristic(s)?
- Write your teaching philosophy.
- What will your style be?
- What are your goals as a teacher?