- Define the purpose of a user access agreement and identify violations of what constitutes acceptable behavior.
- Define the role of policies and guidelines in constructing an employee code of conduct.
- Identify behaviors which comply with or may be violations of an employee code of conduct.
- Explain the purpose of the code of ethics adopted by professional associations or certifying organizations.
- Identify differences between the contents of an employee code of conduct and the code of ethics subscribed to by members of a professional organization.
- Define software piracy and learn about the importance of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- Identify appropriate (and inappropriate) uses of digital content sharing.
- Identify problem issues resulting from the misuse of social networking.