Upon successful completion of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Describe future trends in information systems.
This final chapter will present an overview or advances of some of the new or recently introduced technologies. From wearable technology, virtual reality, Internet of Things, quantum computing to artificial intelligence, this chapter will provide a look forward to what the next few years will bring to potentially transform how we learn, communicate, do business, work, and play.
- 220.127.116.11: Introduction
- This chapter discusses the future trends enabled by new and improved technologies in many industries, including social media, personalization, mobile, wearable, collaborative, communication, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, and quantum computers.
- 18.104.22.168: Collaborative
- Discuss collaboration effort among consumers with free content, telecommunication, virtual environment, and 3D printing
- 22.214.171.124: Internet of Things (IoT)
- This section discusses the future trends of Internet of Things and autonomous devices.
- 126.96.36.199: Future of Information Systems
- This section discusses potential disruptive innovations that could fundamentally change the current paradigm of how information systems are built and how we work, entertain, learn, and do business.