- Building Information - Representation and Management Principles and Foundations for the Digital Era (Koutamanis)
- The book presents a coherent theory of building information, focusing on its representation and management in the digital era. It addresses issues such as the information explosion and the structure of analogue building representations to propose a parsimonious approach to the deployment and utilization of symbolic digital technologies like BIM. It also considers the matching representation of AECO processes in terms of tasks.
- Building Maintenance and Construction - Tools and Maintenance Tasks (Rutherford)
- Building Maintenance & Construction: Tools and Maintenance Tasks introduces and develops knowledge of basic building maintenance tools and materials, applied skills and techniques, industry health and safety standards, and preventive maintenance and troubleshooting practices required by employers for entry-level positions in the building trades and facilities maintenance fields.
- Health and Safety in Canadian Workplaces (Foster and Barnetson)
- Workplace injuries happen every day and can profoundly affect workers, their families, and the communities they live in. This textbook provides workers with an introduction to effective injury prevention. The book pays particular attention to how issues of precarious employment, gender, and ill health can be better handled in Canadian occupational health and safety (OHS).
Thumbnail: Construction worker at Douglas Dam, Tennessee (TVA), 1942. (Public Domain).