In Windows 10, the File Explorer features a new ribbon toolbar, like the one featured in the recent versions of Microsoft Office. This ribbon contains buttons and commands for the most common tasks.
Home Tab of Windows 10 Ribbon
The Ribbon features four tabs, each with different commands. Among the tasks, you can perform from the Home tab is (Tutorialspoint.com, n.d.) −
- Copying and pasting files and folders from one place to another.
- Moving files and folders to another location.
- Copying files and folders to another location.
- Deleting a file or folder permanently or sending it to the Recycle Bin.
- Renaming a file or folder.
- Creating a new folder or other new items.
- Verifying or modifying the Properties of a document or folder.
- Opening a file or folder.
- Different options to select one or various files and folders.
Share Tab of the Windows 10 Ribbon
The Share ribbon gives you different options to share your files and folders. For example: (Tutorialspoint.com, n.d.)
- E-mailing or messaging a file.
- Compressing (“Zip”) a folder to take less space.
- Printing or faxing documents.
- Sharing with other users or networks.
View Tab of the Windows 10 Ribbon
The View ribbon allows you to change the way Windows displays your files and folders. Some of the changes you can make here are (Tutorialspoint.com, n.d.) −
- Adding additional panes to show a preview or details of your files.
- Changing the layout of the files and folders from icons to list, and others.
- Sorting and arranging the contents of your folder.
- Hiding selected folders or files.
File Tab of the Windows 10 Ribbon
The File tab opens a menu with different options like
- Opening a new File Explorer window.
- Open command prompt (DOS) advanced users.
- Providing more options to change or configure file explorer.
- Frequent places that will link users to specific file folders that are often used.