In this unit, we explore how to use Microsoft Word and Google Docs to create new documents and documents based on templates. We review the different commands used to format documents, and introduce options for saving and printing documents. As with the previous unit, we encourage you to open up your version of Microsoft Word or Google Docs to follow along with the tutorials. This will help you learn as you practice creating and formatting documents.
- Upon successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- create a new blank document in Microsoft Word and Google Docs;
- create documents in Microsoft Word and Google Docs using templates;
- use commands such as font, bold, italics, and underline to format text;
- use themes and colors to change the look of a document;
- save and print documents;
- insert images into documents; and
- share a document using Google Doc's sharing tools.