Skip to main content
6.8: Study Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Briefly define the three components of the information security triad
- Explain what authentication means
- Give two examples of a complex password
- Give three examples of threat actors
- Name two motivations of hacktivists to commit cybercrime
- List five ways to defend against cyber attacks
- List three examples of PII
- Briefly explain the role of SOC
- Explain the purpose of security policies
- Explain how information availability related to a successful organization
- Research and analyze cybersecurity incidents to come up with scenarios of how organizations can prevent an attack.
- Discuss some IoT (Internet of Things) application vulnerabilities with non-techie and techie technology users, then compare and contrast their different perspectives and reactions to IoT vulnerabilities.
- Describe one multi-factor authentication method that you have experienced and discuss the pros and cons of using multi-factor authentication.
- Identify the password policy at your place of employment or study. Assess if it is a good policy or not. Explain.
- Take inventory of possible security threats that your home devices may be exposed to. List them and discuss their potential effects and what you plan to do about them.
- Recall when you last back up your data. Discuss the method you use. Define a backup policy for your home devices.
- Research the career of a SOC professional. Report what certificate training it requires to become SOC professionals, what the demand is for this career, and their salary range.