Skip to main content
12.5: Study Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- What does the term information systems ethics mean?
- What is a code of ethics? What is one advantage and one disadvantage of a code of ethics?
- What does the term intellectual property mean? Give an example.
- What protections are provided by a copyright? How do you obtain one?
- What is fair use?
- What protections are provided by a patent? How do you obtain one?
- What does a trademark protect? How do you obtain one?
- What does the term personally identifiable information mean?
- What protections are provided by HIPAA, COPPA, and FERPA?
- How would you explain the concept of NORA?
- Provide one example of how information technology has created an ethical dilemma that would not have existed before the advent of information technology.
- Find an example of a code of ethics or acceptable use policy related to information technology and highlight five points that you think are important.
- Find an example of work done under a CC license.
- Do some original research on the effort to combat patent trolls. Write a two-page paper that discusses this legislation.
- Give an example of how NORA could be used to identify an individual.
- How are intellectual property protections different across the world? Pick two countries and do some original research, then compare the patent and copyright protections offered in those countries to those in the US. Write a two- to three-page paper describing the differences.