The purpose of this project is to provide you with opportunities to implement skills learned in the course.
Additionally, you will be provided several opportunities for innovative and critical thinking as you perform assignments involving:
- Small Business Computer based Information Systems Requirements Analysis
- Project Planning & Cost Estimating
- Small Business Computer based Information Systems Design and Development
You will also learn additional skills in the area of Information Systems Design/Development and Hardware/Software selection.
This project will require some critical thinking on your part. You have to put yourself in the shoes of a small business owner running a small eating establishment (pizza place or deli), and think about:
- What is the business you have selected?
- What products and services does your business offer?
- What do you need in the way of a computer based information system to properly support the marketing and selling of those products and services?
By the end of this project, you will have prepared and delivered:
- An Excel spreadsheet of hardware and software necessary for the small business information system you propose.
- A Systems Architecture, using Microsoft Word with shapes and Smart Art.
- An Excel spreadsheet showing all the cost of purchasing and installing the hardware and software necessary for the small business information system you propose.
- A PowerPoint presentation of your system with animation and audio.
Please read the detailed directions in the Small Business Project Workbook. The project is broken up into four tasks.