Information for Spreadsheet Charts
Charts help express data in a table. Before creating a chart, consider the following:
1. Purpose of the chart – what information do you want to emphasize.
2. Results to display – which chart is appropriate.
3. Determine what data to illustrate in the chart – sometimes there is a need to select great quantity of data and other times just a small amount. Different chart types display in distinctive ways.
4. Understand of elements of a chart – (See 3-D cluster chart elements on page 2 for an explanation of terms for axis, legend, data labels, etc..)
Types of Charts
3D Cluster Chart – Chart Elements
Adjustable Chart Elements
(Found by clicking on Chart Tools, Design, Chart Layout Group)
- Information For Spreadsheet Charts. Authored by: Fran Wells. License: CC BY: Attribution