Skip to main content
8.4: Study Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- What does the term business process mean?
- What are three examples of business processes ( from a job you have had or an organization you have observed?
- What is the value of documenting a business process?
- What is an ERP system? How does an ERP system enforce best practices for an organization?
- What is one of the criticisms of ERP systems?
- What is business process reengineering? How is it different from incrementally improving a process?
- Why did BPR get a bad name?
- List the guidelines for redesigning a business process.
- What is business process management? What role does it play in allowing a company to differentiate itself?
- What does ISO certification signify?
- Think of a business process that you have had to perform in the past. How would you document this process? Would a diagram make more sense than a checklist? Document the process both as a checklist and as a diagram.
- Review the return policies at your favorite retailer and then answer this question: What information systems do you think need to be in place to support their return policy.
- If you were implementing an ERP system, in which cases would you be more inclined to modify the ERP to match your business processes? What are the drawbacks of doing this?
- Which ERP is the best? Do some original research and compare three leading ERP systems to each other. Write a two- to three-page paper that compares their features.
- Research a company that chooses to implement an ERP. Write a report to describe it.
- Research a failed implementation of an ERP. Write a report to describe why.
- Research and write a report on how a company can obtain an ISO quality management certification.