Upon successful completion of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Define the term business process
- Identify different systems needed to support business processes in an organization
- Explain the value of an enterprise resource planning(ERP) system
- Explain how business process management and business process engineering work; and
- Understand how information technology combined with business processes can bring an organization competitive advantage.
Business processes are the essence of what a business does, and information systems play an important role in making them work. This chapter will discuss business process management, business process reengineering, and ERP systems.