Skip to main content
7.7: Study Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- List the five forces in Porter’s Competitive forces model.
- What does it mean for a business to have a competitive advantage?
- What are the primary activities and support activities of the value chain?
- What has been the overall impact of the Internet on industry profitability? Who has been the true winner?
- List two examples of how Amazon.com used Porter’s five forces model to gain a competitive advantage.
- Give an example of how the internet impacted Barnes and Noble's online(bn.com) profitability.
- List and Compare the different information systems. How are they the same? How are they better?
- Give an example of a semi-structured decision and explain what inputs would be necessary to assist in making the decision.
- What does a collaborative information system do?
- How can IT play a role in competitive advantage, according to the 2008 article by Brynjolfsson and McAfee?
- Discuss the idea that an information system by itself can rarely provide a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Review the Zoom website. What features of Zoom would contribute to good collaboration? What makes Zoom a better collaboration tool than something like Skype or Google Hangouts?
- Think of a semi-structured decision that you make in your daily life and build your own DSS using a spreadsheet to help you make that decision.
- Give an example of AI that you see used in your daily life. Describe one way it can be improved or combined with another information system to gain an advantage.