Skip to main content
9.9: Study Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Describe the role of a systems analyst.
- What are some of the different roles of a computer engineer?
- What are the duties of a computer operator?
- What does the CIO do?
- Describe the job of a DBA.
- Explain the point of having two different career paths in information systems.
- What are the five types of information-systems users?
- Why would an organization outsource?
- Which IT job would you like to have? Do some original research and write a two-page paper describing the duties of the job you are interested in.
- Spend a few minutes on Dice or Monster to find IT jobs in your area. What are IT jobs currently available? Write up a two-page paper describing three jobs, their starting salary (if listed), and the skills and education needed for the job.
- How is the IT function organized in your school or place of employment? Create an organization chart showing how the IT organization fits into your overall organization. Comment on how centralized or decentralized the IT function is.
- What type of IT user are you? Take a look at the five types of technology adopters, and then write a one-page summary of where you think you fit in this model.