- Identify the basic organization and components of a database.
- Define what is meant by the term customer relationship management (CRM).
- Explain how data warehouses and data mining tools are used to perform CRM.
- Identify the potential impact of CRM on a company's business.
- Explain some of the trends in SCRM and changes that must be implemented.
- Identify the importance of database security.
- Apply an understanding of confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility to issues of database security.
- Analyze a scenario to determine the type of database threat that is described.
- Identify basic questions that need to be addressed when evaluating database security.
- Identify steps an individual can take to secure information stored in personal databases or PII shared with businesses.
- 5.1.1: Overview
- This module will take a look at databases.
- 5.1.3: CRM, Data Warehouses and Data Mining
- This module will explain and define customer relationship management, or CRM. It will provide some examples of how it can be used, describe what makes it work and who is using it, and discuss whether it has been as successful as many had hoped.
Thumbnail: Database icon. (CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported; RRZEicons via Wikipedia)