Student teams continue to build a description of the operating environment for their sector-based organizations. What systems will be used within the organization?
Team Activity Objectives
- Describe the purpose and use of SCADA, DCS, and PCS systems.
- Describe the configuration and use of field devices used to measure critical infrastructure processes, such as flow rate, pressure, temperature, level, density, etc.
- Provide examples of HMI screens and displays used within SCADA systems.
- Describe the use and application of PLCs in automation.
- Describe the components and applications of industrial control systems.
Write a description of the operating environment for your sector-based organization. Determine what industrial control/SCADA and business IT systems will be used within the organization.
Write a 2-page abstract summarizing your findings on your sector and the industrial control/SCADA and business IT systems that will be used within your fictitious organization.
Grading Criteria Rubric
- Evidence of teamwork
- Use of American Psychological Association (APA) style in writing the assignment
Grade points: 100